Information – Business

If you own a business, conduct business or provide services, earning gross receipts from sources within the city limits of Roy, you are required to obtain a City of Roy business license endorsement, and report gross receipts for city business and occupation (B&O) taxes. This includes home based businesses.

Business license endorsements are obtained through the Department of Revenue Business License Services. If your place of business is not in Roy city limits and your revenue from city sources is less than $2,000 per year, there is no fee for the endorsement. Anyone doing business in the City of Roy must also have a valid business license with the State of Washington to obtain a City of Roy endorsement.

Here are links to other agencies you may need to contact (Learn about and get forms and publications for Employer Identification Numbers (EIN), and withholding and employer payroll taxes, as well as income taxes):

City Hall Hours:
7:30am - 5pm, Mon - Thu

City Clerk Office:
7:30am - 5pm, Mon - Thu

Court Office:
8:30am - 2pm, MTTF
(Closed Wednesdays)

City of Roy
216 McNaught St S
PO Box 700
Roy, WA 98580-0700

Skip to content